Chicken Tikka Masala
This is probably my favorite thing to make. What started as an experimental dish, now is a staple in our home! The "go-to" meal for dinner parties!
It's a bit of a process, but worth every second of work. And don't get me wrong, I've managed to come home at 5:30 and have the meal ready by 8pm!
I've made this recipe a number of times by now. I have followed several different recipes, and still don't have a SET recipe I will use each and every time. However, for the sake of this blog and sharing with friends, I found one recipe that I think is a great start!
- Serve with GARLIC naan
- Over rice is good, but in my opinion QUINOA is the way to go!
- USE garam masala, it's amazing.
- Don't be scared to play around with the spices, if it doesn't taste right, add some curry powder, just not too much. When in doubt, I add garam masala!!!
- I also double the sauce, everytime - love dipping the naan in it! This will change the amount of spices you need- be mindful of this...it's a tasting game!
- If you don't have a grill, broiling the skewered chicken works just as well. Don't skip the skewering part.
- I always add an extra pepper or two...jalapeno, poblano, and/or serrano!
- Double or triple the garlic; it won't hurt!
and the sauce....