Blackened Chicken Fettucini Alfredo
with mushrooms, multi-colored mini bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes, & scallions
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbs parmesan cheese (maybe more...)
- 2 thick chicken breasts
- 4 tbs butter (unsalted)
- blackening seasoning (you can make your own)
- Baby bella mushrooms sliced (one small container)
- 5-7 multi colored mini bell peppers diced
- Scallions (3-4 stalks)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes (small peices)
- Slice each breast in half lenthwise to create a total of 4 thinner cutlets.
- Brush each peice of chicken with 2tbs of melted butter
- Sprinkle each slice with blackening seasoning, pat/rub each to make sure it sticks.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, spray with Pam, and place two breasts in the center.
- After a few minutes of blackening, turn the chicken over (don't forget to spray the Pam before the other side of the chicken touches the skillet; prevents burning/smoking).
- Repeat with the 2nd two breasts.
- In the mean time begin boiling water for pasta (follow instructions on the box).
- Heat oven to about 400 degrees F (for garlic bread* and also chicken).
- Once each cutlet is seared and blackened just enough, place on an aluminum lined baking sheet in the over for about 5-8 minutes until cooked through. Flip once, once you see the juices flowing, the chicken should be ready. It never hurts to cut through and double check.
- Now we begin the veggies; heat two tbs olive oil in the same pan (I washed mine).
- Add mushroom, scallion and sundried tomato. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- OPTIONAL: Add sliced chicken (I did this; however when I make this again, I will add the chicken as the final step before serving).
- Stir in heavy 2 tbs butter, whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Heat should be at medium. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes and patiently wait as it thickens...(I was becoming worries, so I added a few dashes of corn starch to thicken...and maybe a few extra dashes of parmesan cheese).
- Once thickened, you're ready to serve over pasta!
Tips & Recommendations
- Serve with side salad and garlic bread.
- Crushed red pepper flakes OR fresh ground black pepper is always a plus.
- Trust me, you DON'T need any more parmesan cheese.
- Go crazy with the veggies, broccoli would have been an awesome addition!
- Why not add a splash of your favorite red sauce; everyone loves PINK SAUCE!
What a comforting meal :)