CLICK HERE for the taco filling and sour cream recipes.
Please follow the steps in making the taco filling AND the sour cream.
For the Sweet Potato Skins.....all you will need is 1, or 2....or 3 or 4 sweet potatoes and some olive oil.
Here are the steps:
1. Scrub the skin of the sweet potato and cut off each end (about 1/4 inch).
2. Bake the sweet potatoes whole on 350 for about an hour (check tenderness with fork)
3. Once baked to completion, allow to cool and cut each potato in half lengthwise.
4. Scrape out the insides of the potato, leaving about a 1/4 of an inch of the potato.
5. Place the potatoes skin side up on a baking RACK and brush with olive oil.
6. Bake on 400F for about 20-30 minutes, until skin is crispy.
7. Once crispy, remove the potatoes and stuff with the taco (bean) filling.
8. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until warmed through.
9. Drizzle with your favorite hot sauce/salsa and of course, the vegan sour cream. Optional: sprinkle with cilantro.