Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sweet Seared Salmon

15 minute Salmon (pan seared then baked)
I think this might have been the best salmon I've ever tasted, and I'm not saying that because I made it. I'm saying that because it was a shot in the dark (the only prior experience to salmon was a george foreman grill and lemon pepper seasoning). Plus, I never make anything sweet...and when I decided to go that route with dinner, I was pleasantly surprised.

What you need:
-1 Salmon filet (the salmon you see above was a 1.2 pound slab of meat!)
-2 tbs olive oil (extra virgin)
-2 tbs brown sugar
-1/4 tbs ground cinnamon
-2 tps kosher salt
-1/2 tsp cumin
-1 tsp black pepper

What to do:
-Pre head oven to 375 degrees F
-Skin the beast, then rinse
-combine all spices
-rub all over the top of the salmon (not the side you skinned)
-heat oil over medium high
-place salmon seasoned side down into the hot oil
-let it sear for 2-3 minutes...enough to brown or to desired CRISPINESS
-remove and place into a preheated oven for about 8 minutes (seasoned side up)...this part really depends on your oven...make sure to check the fish before serving...should flake apart and be a very pale(almost milky) pink color.

I served this with broccoli; my basmati rice did not turn out (no surprise there)! I don't know what it is with me and rice...the only rice I have success with is the Zatarains.

All in all, this was a huge success! Trey did suggest I add a little bit of Hungarian Hot Paprika next time for a lil kick...I think I may just do that....


No comments:

Post a Comment