- 1/2 head of cabbage (green)
- 1 onion (white/yellow/sweet)
- 1 small bag of carrots (5-7 small carrots)
- 1 bunch of bok choy
- 1 green pepper
- 4-6 celery stocks
- Vegetable or chicken stock (1 quart)
- 2 Lipton French Onion Soup Mix packets
- 28 oz. of canned diced tomatoes (flavored OK)
- Garlic - 6-8 cloves
- Salt and pepper
*You will need a very large pot for this...I used an 8 quart.
- Prep all of the veggies by chopping, dicing and slicing.
- Saute onion, carrot, celery, and bok choy stalks until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic in the last 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot: both seasoning packets, canned tomatoes, vegetable/chicken stock, shredded cabbage and bok choy leaves.
- Stir and add water until all of the cabbage is covered.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and cover. Cook until the cabbage is tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes for heat.
- You're the boss, add whatever veggies you have on hand!
- I know it's doable, but I haven't tested this in the crock pot. If interested I would follow the above instructions through step 2. Then, add everything to the crockpot and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Check tenderness of the cabbage. If you need more time, turn the heat up and keep an eye on it. (If anyone tries this, please let me know!)