Serves: A lot!
What you need:
1 lb of ground beef (or turkey)
1 large onion
2-3 multi colored bell peppers
2 cans of spicy chili beans
1 can of dark red kidney beans (rinsed)
1 can of light red kidney beans (rinsed)
1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 large can of tomato sauce (use enough to reach your desired consistency)
1-2 tbsp of diced pickled jalapeños
Spices: salt, pepper, cumin, chipotle chili pepper
*Don't forget the sour cream and sharp cheddar as a garnish!
1. Brown the meat in a pan, drain, and add the meat to the crockpot.
2. Saute the chopped veggies in the same pan, then add to the crockpot.
3. Add all of the beans, diced tomatoes, and jalapeño to the crockpot.
4. Add tomato sauce to the crockpot until you have your desired consistency.
5. Season the chili with salt and pepper to taste. add 1 tsp of cumin and 1 tsp of chipotle, mix and taste. Add more to your liking! ( I didn't measure the spices last time I made this chili).
6. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.