Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Aglio e Olio



I think I might be late in the game...but WOW, spaghetti squash is amazing! 

My first time ever making it was tonight, to serve with some leftover pasta sauce. I was so anxious to try it, once it was out of the oven I didn't even heat up the leftover sauce. I whipped out the olive oil, crushed red pepper, Parmesan cheese and few other odds and ends and created a masterpiece. Simple, and not masking the flavor of the squash, aglio e olio was a great idea. 

I never want to go back to traditional pasta, I am in love! 


Spaghetti Squash Aglio e Olio
Servings: 3-4
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour

Ingredients:
2 spaghetti squash
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of diced garlic (or substitute garlic powder)
Crushed red pepper
Salt
Parmesan cheese

Steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 375f.
2. Prepare the squash: cut edges off first, then cut lengthwise. Seed the squash and place face down on a baking sheet. Bake for about 50-60 minutes. After the time is up, remove from oven, turn the squash over and allow to cool. Once you're able to handle it (I rushed and used an oven mitt), gently scrape a fork along the inside of the squash until all of the squash is removed (this is my favorite part). 
3. Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once heated add garlic and a few dashes of crushed red pepper until the garlic is fragrant. 
4. Add the spaghetti squash to the pan, salt (to your liking) while tossing in the olive oil and top with Parmesan cheese.
5. Serve and enjoy, immediately!


No comments:

Post a Comment