Yup, I did it...this was my first home-cooked meal as married woman! Haha!
That's probably not something I should be bragging about...but the picture looked so darn good I just had to post this (plus the laughs we'll get when we look back at this post will be priceless).
1 hunk of Polish Kielbasa
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 slices of bread
Secret sauce (mayo and spicy brown mustard)
Cheese (provolone, muenster, havarti, mozzarella, white cheddar, white American- you're two favorites)
1. Pan fry thinly sliced kielbasa until browned (I obviously like mine well done) and set aside.
2. Caramelize onion in the same pan, then add to the kielbasa.
3. Prepare the bread by buttering the outsides and spreading the secret sauce on the insides.
4. Pile cheese, kielbasa, and onion on one side of the bread and top with the other (buttered sides facing out).
5. Grill just like any ol' grilled cheese!
This was interesting and good at the same time.
Got leftover kielbasa that didn't get used at the beach cook-out? Here's your chance...