Spicy Shrimp Cacciatore
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
12 oz. shrimp (frozen, cooked, small or medium) - fresh shrimp is even better!
1 jar of Classico pasta sauce (we used the triple mushroom)
4 bell peppers (multiple colors, medium to large)
16 oz. of whole mushrooms (white or baby bella)
1 medium spanish onion
5 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt or your favorite seasoning salt (we used Italian seasoning w/parmesan cheese used for dipping oils).
Pasta (vermicelli, angel hair, spaghetti)
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and prep mushrooms by rinsing, trimming stems, tossing in olive oil and your favorite seasoning salt.
2. Prep onions and peppers by chopping into bite-sized squares.
3. Spread whole mushrooms on a foiled baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes. When finished, set aside.
4. Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil (or olive oil) on MEDIUM heat in a 12" or larger skillet (make sure it's deep).
5. Saute chopped peppers, onions, crushed red pepper, oregano, and seasoning salt until they become tender.
6. Next add minced garlic and allow to cook for one minute.
7. Now add the sauce to the peppers and onions, turn heat to MEDIUM LOW, and cook for five minutes stirring occasionally.
8. Thaw your shrimp by running cool water over them in a colander. If you are using fresh shrimp, peel and devein.
9. Stir thawed shrimp and baked mushrooms into the sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes until everything is heated through. If using uncooked shrimp, cook the shrimp separately before adding to sauce (pan fried works fine. Be careful of overcooking.).
You're ready to eat your Spicy Shrimp Cacciatore over a bed of pasta, with garlic bread, or on it's own - just top your serving with grated parmesan cheese and VOILA!