Post Dog-Beach Day Dinner…
Healthy, hearty & delicious! This is a perfect meal to store for leftovers as well!
3-4 Chicken breasts
1 box of penne
2 jars or large cans of your favorite pasta sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 onion (chopped)
2 green peppers (chopped/sliced)
Crushed red pepper flakes
- Marinade chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to box (when finished, toss with a teaspoon of olive oil to avoid sticking).
- Grill the chicken (you can always bake, pan fry, whatever, but this tastes the best!).
- In a LARGE pan heat olive oil (Medium High)and throw in chopped onion and green pepper. Cook until onion becomes translucent and green pepper is soft.
- Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Stir with veggies for about two minutes on Medium.
- Stir in pasta sauce. Sometimes I add 1/2 cup of alfredo sauce to make it a bit creamy :)
- You can now add diced tomatoes, oregano or Italian seasonings, garlic salt, pepper, & parmesan cheese, to taste. Stir occasionally until you are ready to toss in the chicken.
- Once chicken is done, remove from grill, slice, and add to the sauce.
- Heat for a remaining few minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad!
*Feel free to add veggies like mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, zuchini, ect...ALL OF THESE are great!