Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spicy Tuna Salad Pita Pocket

Omg...
So good!
This is what happens to me when I don't have someone to cook a "real" dinner for! 
(above) The final product
...in the making!

Tuna salad recipes are very quick, easy, and not THAT bad for you...right? Well, I take that back, I've been known to make a pretty amazing tuna melt (ask Trey)!  

On another note, I've recently discovered my love for pepperoncinis, which resulted in this "spicy" creation. I've always liked them on my greek salads, or with my Papa John's pizza...but I've never actually purchased a jar of sliced pepperoncinis until now! (PS- If you live in Sarasota, please try a pepperoni & pepperoncini pizza from Patellini's or Mama Leone's-you will not regret this!).

In my opinion, this recipe is a tasty no-brainer! Lunch or dinner! 

Ingredients (keep in mind, I DO NOT MEASURE most of the time, so please make sure to measure to your liking...or just trust me!) for 1 serving
1 small can of tuna
2 tablespoons mayo
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
pepper, ground red pepper and minced onion (a few dashes of each)
1/4 tomato (diced)
A fork-full of sliced perpperoncinis (mmmmmmmmm)
1/4 onion (diced)
1 pita
Note: The line up (with the exception of tuna, pita, tomato & onion).

STEPS
1. Drain tuna and mix with mayo, mustard, lemon juice, and all spices
2. Dice tomatoes & onions and add to tuna
3. Add peppercini (option: cut the slices into even smaller pieces)
4. Heat the pita pocket in a toaster over for about 3 minutes, cut in half and stuff with tuna salad

VOILA!


MMMmm...

Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment